The Best Office Pranks (Part 3)November 25th, 2008 by admin
Even through the hardest times with our current economy, co workers are still thinking of innovative ways to bring funny office humor to lift the spirits of others. Office pranks never seem to get annoying and there’s a new generation of people out there looking to annoy their fellow coworkers and bosses. Here are the Best Office Pranks Part 3.
1. “It’s music to my ears”–We all have this type of person in our office…the person who has awful taste in music and has no consideration for others. He or she never seems to remember to bring in headphones and decidedly blasts their crazy techno or Mariachi music throughout the office for everyone else to enjoy. Here’s a way to get even with your music maker.
While your co-worker is out to lunch or away from their computer for a few minutes, create your own file of music, preferably the type of music that annoys them the most, or a type of music that is even more irritating than what they already play. Transfer from the music file onto a USB port and download it onto their desktop.
On your colleague’s computer, go to the control panel and look into the sound devices. Go into the sound tab and click on the Start Windows tab, or any other popular tab that is frequently used and replace the existing sounds with those from your music file. Apply the changes, turn their speakers up the highest volume and turn their computer off. When they get back to their computer and restart their program, the music file your applied will start blaring from their speakers. It will surely scare your colleague and they might reconsider bringing in their headphones to personally enjoy their music.
2. Electronic Overload–(One of the more complicated of office practical jokes) Let’s say you have a boss or manager in your office that isn’t the sharpest when it comes to technology. Have one of your IT guys or an electrician re-wire some of the electronics in his or her office. For example, when they turn on the light switch, their radio turns on. Or, when they pick up their phone, the fan starts blowing. Be creative with this one and don’t forget to rewire everything after the prank is over.
3. Welcome Back Gift–When your favorite boss leaves for a week for his annual vacation, get to work with your co-workers and line the floor of his office with Styrofoam cups, mouse traps, dominos, or even crumpled up paper. After coming back from a relaxing vacation, he will definitely be peaved when it takes him a couple hours to clean up the mess. And don’t forget to conveniently place a garbage can near his office or cubicle to discard the clutter.
4. Hole Punch Haven–If you have a particularly messy coworker who, let’s say, leaves their desk awry over the weekend with various papers, pens and wrappers strewn about their workspace, you can get them to notice very quickly that they are the hugest pig in the sty. While they are away from their desk, grab their car keys and bring a large bag full of hole punch scraps with you. If you can, open up their air vents and fill them up with the hole punches. Find an annoying radio station and turn the volume to full blast. While the car is off, turn the air to its highest level, lock the car up, and safely return their keys back to their desk. As your employee gets ready to leave for lunch or the office for the day, watch from a window as their air vents spits paper shredding back at them while country music blasts in their ears. They’ll definitely remember to clean up after themselves.
5. Feeling a Little Rewired?–If you have two computers that are next to each other, switch all of the cords between the two docking stations. The duo will never figure out why their new CD won’t play on their drive, or why all of their important documents and files have magically disappeared and have been replaced with someone else’s work.